New to Hugo?
- Please check the Official Hugo Documentation.
- You can also check this Video Tutorials
- Or you can check our Hugo Guide.
If you don’t want to manage Hugo locally, then you can skip this process and visit the next page
Create A New Project
- Open Terminal and go to the location where you want to run your site.
- Create a new site with this command. It will add a folder with your PROJECT NAME
hugo new site my-project
Setup Your Project With Omega
- Unzip the downloaded file, and you will get Omega in the themes folder.
- Copy the
my-project/themesfolder so that you end up with a folder structure like
- Copy all files from the
exampleSitefolder into the project directory (
my-project/). It overwrites existing files and folders. You can delete the
- Go to the project directory (In our case, it’s
- Run Hugo to serve your project.
- Now, you get a generated URL and open it in your browser. The default URL looks like this localhost:1313.
If your website doesn’t serve in your localhost, then check the
theme name is correct in
config.toml file. Then run
hugo server command again.
Here is a video tutorial that might help you to set up your project. We used our Biztrox theme as an example.