New to Hugo?
- Please check the Official Hugo Documentation.
- You can also check this Video Tutorials
- Or you can check our Hugo Guide.
If you don’t want to manage Hugo locally, then you can skip this process and visit the next page
Create A New Project
- Open Terminal and go to the location where you want to run your site.
- Create a new site with this command. It will add a folder with your PROJECT NAME
hugo new site my-project
Setup Your Project With SITENAME
- Unzip the downloaded file, and you will get SITENAME in the themes folder.
- Copy the
my-project/themesfolder so that you end up with a folder structure like
- Copy all files from the
exampleSitefolder into the project directory (
my-project/). It overwrites existing files and folders. You can delete the
- Go to the project directory (In our case, it’s
- Run Hugo to serve your project.
- Now, you get a generated URL and open it in your browser. The default URL looks like this localhost:1313.
If your website doesn’t serve in your localhost, then check the
theme name is correct in
Wishfund Hugo ThemeDIR file. Then run
hugo server command again.
Here is a video tutorial that might help you to set up your project. We used our Biztrox theme as an example.
If you don’t understand the theme setup steps, you can follow this video documentation.