In your sites root folder you will find a file called
config.toml. Open this file with your text editor or IDE.
- baseURL field for your website URL / domain. Add your site URL here. Remember, you need to add a trailing slash at the end of the URL.
- title is for the main title of your website.
theme sets up the used theme. If your theme is located in
my-project/themes/theme-namefolder, then the value for this parameter is
- languageCode defines your global site language. For more information, see Official Hugo Docs.
- paginate set the number of posts shown on blog overview pages. If you have more than this amount of posts, pagination will be visible to navigate the next set of posts.
summaryLength decides how many words are in excerpts of your posts when they are displayed as a preview. The default
summaryLengthis 70 words.
- disqusShortname add your Disqus shortname to enable comments on the blog section. To install Disqus please follow this tutorial.
- googleAnalytics add your Google Analytics ID to enable analytics on all pages. # example: UA-123-45. For more info, read the article. If you want another third-party analytics, you can contact us for custom service.
[[menu.main]]is the main menu loop, you can add your navigation item by copy and pasting this line.
nameattribute is for navigation item name.
URLis for the page url, just give the page name here, it will automatically add the base URL from your site. like if you want to give the about page url here, just type
weightis for your navigation sorting, the smaller number weight will show first.
Most parameters in the
[params] section of your configuration are commented. You can change the basic setup of the theme and add information or enable/disable features.